Some potential options for our currently perceived existence:
– It happened spontaneously
– – and organically.
– – but within an artificial environment.
– It was specifically created
– – with an autonomous environment (organic or artificial)
– – with a predetermined environment (organic or artificial)
– If specifically created, why?
– – As entertainment for inhabitants.
– – As entertainment for outside observers.
– – As a source of energy or nourishment for outsiders.
– – As an experiment.
– – As a prison.
– – As a learning experience.
– – As a display of creative power.
– – As something to do, no particular purpose.
Some points to consider:
– There’s potential for a predetermined outline of events (or characters), but with autonomous details filling in the gaps.
– If created, might the design contain flaws?
– If created, is the origin purposefully deceptive?
– If within an artificial environment, history could be contrived.
– The role of singular or cyclical existence.
– The role of finality to existence.
– Whether individuals are connected more than they appear, or whether they exist at all.
– Whether individuals have a connection to the creation of their own existence.